It’s that time of year again. It’s the time where I find new obsessions and tell you all about them.
- This Vest From Urban Outfitters That I Got For $18 While Secondhand Shopping in San Francisco: This would be more accurate if it noted that I am now currently obsessed with thrift/secondhand shopping. I know, I’m obviously late to the game. But I can still participate. You know what the best part of getting barely worn combat boots for $15 is? No blisters. Wanna know why? Because they’re already broken in! This vest was my favorite find from my SF thrift shopping extravaganza. Maybe I’ll do another 30 days of outfits and wear this vest every single day. I LOVE IT. AND IT WAS ONLY $18. 18.
- Cooking: Yes. You read that correctly. I am currently obsessed with cooking. Of all things, my mind chooses this. It turns out that cooking isn’t really that hard. I mean you just have to find some easy recipes. I refuse to use a recipe that takes more than 25 minutes. I mean, I get hungry you know? Yesterday my friend Kyle and I made some dijon crusted salmon fillets with a side of garlic and olive oil infused portobello mushrooms topped with spinach and cheese with a side of SPARKLING WHITE GRAPE JUICE. It all sounds way more difficult than it was. The hardest part was when I asked the butcher how to get the weird fish skin off the salmon and he asked me if I’d ever cooked salmon before. NO. DUH.
- Arrows: I mean maybe not, like, real arrows. But I’m pretty into arrow designs. There’s this quote…”An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it is preparing to launch you into something great.” I might have forgotten part of that and it might be super cheesy but I love it. Now arrows always remind me of when my uterus decides to hurt and I’m like YEAH IT’S COOL BECAUSE LIFE IS LAUNCHING ME. I bought this necklace in SF because I HAD TO, OBVIOUSLY.
- Women Chopping Dat Hair Off: Alright, maybe I’m biased. But for those of you that are probably men and haven’t had long, luscious locks….DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ANNOYING MY HAIR WAS? I mean I essentially just threw it into this weird bun thing everyday because I couldn’t even deal. And it was probably half dead anyway. I mean I know hair is dead, but you know what I mean. So about a week ago I woke up really bored. I was like, “Man I wanna do something exciting.” Forget skydiving or going on an adventure. I went into a salon and asked them to cut 9 inches off my hair. And here we are. 3 minutes to blow dry. Thanks. Bye.
- Visceral Manipulation: Alright hold on while I copy and paste a Wikipedia explanation for you to better understand. “Viscera” relates to the internal organs of the body, such as the liver, kidneys and intestines. Visceral Manipulation is a gentle manual therapy that aids your body’s ability to release restrictions and unhealthy compensations that cause pain and dysfunction. Basically, visceral manipulation is amazing. It can help with digestive issues, bloating, chronic pain, acute pain, AND emotional issues. It’s actually really weird because after a session I find myself to be pretty sad and upset as the emotions release. Then a day later I’m weightless and feel so relieved. It’s super weird, slightly creepy, but all around amazing and if you ever get a chance you HAVE to try it.
Until next time,