Right, so, I just got back from Las Vegas. I went to celebrate Noel’s 21st birthday and me (HOPEFULLY) graduating in 25 days.
I knew I would have fun on this mini vaca because duh I was with my brother, my mom, and Noel plus it was warm and there was a pool and stuff. But I didn’t expect to love Las Vegas as much as I did.
I didn’t have high hopes because I’m not a very hip 21 year old. I barely drink, I fall asleep like a fainting goat at approximately 10 p.m. every night, and no matter how hard I try I can’t manage to dance without people thinking I’m completely wasted because it’s so bad. (Nope, I’m actually sober.) So here I am in this city filled with beautiful women and men covered in tribal tats. All these people just living their life and drinking lots of tequila while doing so and I didn’t feel out of place. Well except for one time when I ordered sparkling water cause I thought it sounded cool then ended up gagging instantly.
But honestly, the energy of Las Vegas is magical. Everyone in Las Vegas seems to have a certain glow about them. I would compare it to the “pregnancy glow” but I don’t know anything about that nor do I want to.
I don’t know if it’s the fact that it’s pretty much in the middle of a desert so the sun shines a lot, or the fact that people there are just genuinely content. I mean, why wouldn’t they be? Beautiful weather, never a dull moment, a million new people to meet each month, and the fact that there are real life mermaids. What’s not to love?
Needless to say, it was extremely hard to leave this place.
Things I Learned:
- The guys handing out naked lady cards totally never hand them to me and I think that might be sexist or something.
- Uh… I can’t go to class on account of my blisters. Sorry professors.
- People still smoke. I guess. It’s like a thing.
- SUBWAY IS MORE EXPENSIVE IN LAS VEGAS AND I DON’T KNOW WHY. I Just want my $4.32 6-inch tuna sub with NO CHEESE.
- I still can’t manage to fly without getting sick. My body needs to get it together.
- It’s extremely difficult to take an entire shot. I mean, for me it is anyway. Those are kind of big. And it’s not like it tastes good. I’ll take a shot of chocolate milk and call it a day.
- Chips and salsa in Las Vegas totally isn’t complimentary in Mexican restaurants so I guess I can never live there.
- Hiking is hard.
- Kids hate me. Said hi to one and he threw a stick at me. WHATEVER
- You’re not supposed to take food from the buffet out in your purse.
- A shot is $11.50 some places. Why.
- SPARKLING WATER IS DISGUSTNG AND SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY OUTLAWED ON ACCOUNT OF EVERYONE’S TASTE BUDS.
- I’m already saving up in my piggy bank to go back ASAP.
Here’s some pictures and stuff.