In Surfer’s Paradise every Friday night there’s a huge market right on the beach. Vendors of all kinds come from all over to sell you things that you really don’t need. I mean they have scented candles, rings made out of spoons, eye brow threading, and bracelets made from kangaroo leather.
In addition to all of these things there’s about 7 psychics ready to tell you what’s going to happen in your future. Are you going to have kids? Are you going to get married? Have a divorce? Get a job? Own a dog named Duke? Live in New Orleans?
I don’t ever want someone to tell me my “future.” I don’t need someone to look into a crystal ball and tell me what’s going to happen. I have absolutely no idea where I’ll be in my life 1 year from now. And I’m fine with that. I love it, actually.
What screws us up most in life is the picture in our heads of how it’s supposed to be.
Forget the crystal ball and forget the idea that you have to know what you’re going to do for the rest of your life. You don’t. As much as people may pretend they know what will happen to them- they don’t.
Life is an adventure! I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. (That’s English Proverb, some pretty deep stuff.)
Things I’ve Learned:
- People in Australia don’t update their status everyday about something they’re thankful for.
- In Englad they legitimately eat something called “spotted dick.” I can’t even. Whatever.
- Snow Leopards are only found in Central Asia and not in an Australian zoo :(
- New Zealand is PRETTY into rugby. Some say it affects the way the country votes. When New Zealand won the cup in 1987 the Labour government was re-elected later that year. (See, I totally listen in class sometimes)
- November 11 aka Veterans Day is also Remembrance Day for the Commonwealth.
- They don’t even have eggnog here. Or in England. What is this world that we live in?
- If you ask for chips and salsa they will literally give you french fries with salsa doused on top.
- No banana bread on this earth compares to Susan Parker’s.
- A McChicken isn’t even a McChicken here. It’s called Mayo Chicken and it’s not even a dollar. So. Yeah.
- Coach Purses aren’t a thing here. Please take note, America.
The red lipstick.