Oh hi. You know how it’s like really hard to concentrate on writing a paper when you’re in college? Try going to college in Australia. I can practically smell the beach from my room and hear the dolphins telling me to come play with them!
But seriously, homework exists here. That’s alright. Nowhere is perfect I guess.
This weekend Shauna, Alice, Lauren and I are heading to BYRON BAY!
Here’s a google image picture for you to understand what I am talking about:
I am really excited. This time I won’t be getting on any ships either.
Shauna can rent a car so we will be leaving by car Saturday afternoon and staying until Sunday evening. So excited!
Things I’ve learned:
- I forgot I was in Australia all week this week because every time I turned on the news or walked into a room there was something about the debates and presidential election. Except it usually wasn’t american students.
- I am 1 of 3 american students that I’ve met that are voting. That’s disappointing.
- I voted and it was super easy…took me approximately 5 minutes. YAY! USA! USA!
- Australia calls oatmeal “muesli”
- Australians don’t use fitted sheets. why? I don’t know. Sheets are always coming off my bed.
- Uh. You know the show “Whale Wars”… that’s totally about an organization based here. Who knew? Not me
- Every girl in Australia is some sort of supermodel.
- American DVDs don’t work on an australian DVD player -_-
- I don’t think mustard even exists here. I haven’t seen it anywhere. Nowhere.
- That goes for red velvet cake too :(