Australia is so eco-friendly.
Let me give you some examples:
- Their toilets. They have a full flush or a half flush option to save water. Um. Brilliant. Also, EVERY toilet is like this- it’s not an option like it is in the states.
- So you’re at Target buying some things- you go to check out- you forgot to bring your own bags. That’ll be 10 cents per bag.
- Grocery stores will provide bags- but every single one of them is biodegradable.
- Roundabouts. EVERYWHERE. Apparently these save gas. They also make me car sick. There’s about 20,394 on each road. :(
- Small cars. Of course it’s like this in Europe too- but there’s no trucks here.
- Public transportation everywhere.
- RECYCLING- All over campus
- All of their taxis are prius!
Yesterday was beach day- the last day of “O-Week” on campus…which means I have to start class tomorrow. WHAT.
We headed to Broadbeach at 11 am and stayed until 3.
The birds here are insane and people sometimes go topless. It’s a thing.
Also- instead of guys playing football on the beach…it was rugby! So cool. Had a wonderful time and didn’t get burnt even though people keep insisting the sun is super strong here.
Then, it was off to Surfer’s Paradise for a girls night out. We found a restaurant where we ordered 6 entrees for 11$ each. That’s dirt cheap here. Going back ASAP.
Today- it’s petting zoo day.
This is going to be the best day of my life probably.