Some things never change, no matter where you are. For example: BIRDS. So freaking loud and obnoxious. Which is why I am awake at 5 a.m. Oz time.
Things I have learned so far:
- Americans get a really bad rep. Now I know why. 97% of the Americans here are here for one reason: to party. Go home.
- Australian “peanut butter” is eerily similar to crushed peanuts mixed with Elmer’s glue. It’s gross.
- Australians don’t like american chocolate. (I know. Seriously)
- Australians freaking hate it if anyone asks them anything about “shrimp on the barbie.”
- Other countries seem to think the US glorifies teen pregnancy and all we do is watch tv. (lovely)
- Australians find it normal to eat kangaroo meat. :(
- I met an Australian girl (Lauren, age 18) who knows more about the U.S. government than 75% of my peers. Talk about being influential.
- Don’t ask for a lemonade anywhere you go. They will just give you sprite.
- an 8 pack of bottled water is 10$.
- No one knows where Indiana is. Not even some of the Americans. :)
- I am pretty sure everyone here is constantly dehydrated. No water fountains ANYWHERE.
- They call pizza “pizzer.” (adorable)
- They don’t actually like vegemite that much.
- They pronounce z as “zed”
- They call shrimp “prawns”
Australian Peanut Butter-
Yesterday, Shauna, Lauren, and I all went to a hypnotist show together. I never actually believed that people could fall into a hypnosis until I witnessed it. So weird, so creepy. While there, I met James- he was sitting in front of me and he is a native Australian from Melbourne here at Bond to study film/tv. Today there is a campus wide pool party/BBQ. (real life)
Look for pics later.